Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Surreal Reality.

Bryce and I have a little over 30 days until our life heads to a new chapter. In the past two weeks we have received my passport as well as booked our flights. We leave DIA at 8:30 am on August 7th. Wow. It seems real as I hold our flight schedule in my hands. On top of that amazing news, we will be vacating our apartment on August 1st. That leaves 6 nights left to see our family and friends. Wow. Our biggest problem as of this moment is our pets. What are we going to do? Well, Bubba, my turtle, Emily and Cholitha, the kitties, will be moving in with my mother. I am sad that we can't have them with us in Europe, but I know that they will enjoy the life of living in a big house. They will have fun. The pups, will be going with, will have to catch their own flight out, as our MAC flight from Baltimore to Germany is booked pet-wise. That is alright, though because United has many flights a month that are non-stop from DIA to Frankfurt, so my mom will be able to ship them out to us. It will definitely be weird not having them with us, but it may help when it comes to settling in. It will give us time to get accustomed before we have have to customize them to the time change and new place. Now, the list shows packing and preparing for the move as #1. Bryce and I are slowly getting all of our clothes freshly laundered before we pack 'um up. However, I am having the hardest time deciding what attire may be needed in Germany from August through September. It looks as though we will get our shipment in mid-September to the end of the month. Surprisingly, I will have a lot of space, about 150 lbs of luggage space not to count my " personal carry on." I should be set. Well, as thing progress into madness I will keep you posted on this adventure of our first PCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment