Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Taking life a day at a time!

Wow, I feel awful. I planned to use this blog as a step by step in the journey of this PCS, however... Like every other blog and journal... I want to write, but feel as though I am just repeating everything. Maybe instead of a every single day blog I will attempt to write once a week.I can't even count the number of times I tried to write a new blog since the last.  Alright. So, Bryce and I have been in Germany for about 20 days! In that last 30 days in town everything got insane... We booked our flight in June and there was no room for our pups... So they are at "Nana's house" until we can get them over here. We left Colorado Springs after I got to see my dearest friend marry the man of her dreams. Congrats Bethany! I can't even seem to figure out a way to describe how I felt driving out of Colorado Springs with the knowledge of no clue when I will return... It was scary...emotional. We headed to Grand Junction for the last few days before our two day journey to Wiesbaden. That weekend we were able to celebrate Bryce's cousin Marissa as she married the man of her dreams, as well as she family and friends before heading back through the pass to what would be the final good-bye. Bryce's parents also helped celebrate my birthday that Sunday, mind you it was my first birthday to not have my family around. It was sad. The following day we arrived in Denver, and celebrated this journey at none other then Casa Bonita! I love that place! Taco Salad....YUMMMM! It was tough.. Seeing family and knowing  that I was leaving.... But, the time I was able to spend with my mom, grandmother and cousins.... was amazing! I certainly miss them. The two day journey was just that! The flight out of Denver was not bad... Security took forever, but the lined moved quickly. It was a 3 hour flight into Baltimore... And that was were boredom sank... They couldn't pass our bags through to our later flight, so we had to stick around about 5 hours or so prior to being able to check them in.. Here is a tip... If you go to BWI... There is just about NADA prior to security! Anyways. Once checked in ( took about 1 hour of standing on line), we went through security to begin waiting! Yup.. Flight was to take off at 10:50 with a loading at 9:30... MY BUTT!!! There was a MAJOR delay... There were 2 dogs that got loose. Then catering was late.. We finally boarded at about 10:30. Once all were boarded we got to sit in the plane for another 30 before we began to move! We left about 12:30AM. That is an hour and half behind. The plane was so nice. bryce and I had business class. So... Our seats laid back and legs rests moved forward. Also.. We had TONS of space! It was nice.. they provided 3 meals and drinks. It was lovely! (I slept like 3 hours during the flight). We arrived in the afternoon, and waited about 1 hour for baggage and then another 2 or so to be released to buses to take us to post. We didn't arrive at post until about 9pm and into a hotel downtown after they gave our spot on post to another couple in the bus at 10pm... We stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown. It was beautiful with  the most AMAZING staff and breakfast bar, but the tv sucked... I on a CNN strike... haha.. We got on post lodging a week later. I can saw that I miss being in town. I walked and looked at everything all the time. There are definitely perks of being on post. We are on a shuttle bus route ( not having to depend on someone to pick us up and end up being late). Our room is HUGE. We are in a suite with a separate bedroom and a little kitchenette. I still love Germany, I am in a bit of a blur when it comes to the language. It will get easier. Bryce loves his new unit, I do to. They made a great impression. Its a temp unit that is here to assist with the transition of its actual unit with the move from Heidelburg ( where we were originally suppose to be). Bryce feel he will fit in perfect. Now... Like I said.. We have been here almost a month.... and we have not been put in housing. Summer is a huge PCS season, which means a mass inflow of people. Our perspective housing is not going to be until October... Until then... we will be in the hotel... And maybe we will get a pet room sometime so we can fly our pups out. Bryce and I miss them. I know I would not be so bored with them. Right now, I am trying to stay sort of busy. I make trips to Bryce's post for lunch and to check the mail in hopes of receiving a package, and today be got 2. Yay! But, other then that keeping busy is tough. We have a 4 day coming up and we don't have a car... so that is pretty grim. It is a 20 minute walk to Downtown... Not bad... and then you can walk miles within Wiesbaden wandering without realizing it! Its lovely. I have been able to keep in contact with family.. It was tough at first, my family is 8 hours behind. So I feel like I am always receiving yesterdays news. My mom is definitely busy. My brother and his girlfriend welcomed a new baby boy, his first baby, into the world on the 26th. Yay! I know he will be a great father, and its also hard. I would have loved to be the first to have children. But God's plan is just that. My father, broke his ankle on my birthday so I was never able to officially say "See ya." He had surgery and he ended up getting sick. He is now battling a case of gout gone mad in his knee and  he has been in hospital. I am praying everyday for his recovery. I sent a get well card and a gift! So, we will see... My grandmother I have been able to talk to twice since we arrived and this last time was on her birthday. She is doing ok, taking each day as it comes. I know she is still hurting with the loss of my grandfather, but with the new great grand baby, maybe it will open a new joy and door for her. I miss her a lot. Same with my mother. I took advantage of the fact that I have always lived so close and sw her so much.  It seems weird that I can't see her or call when I want. Calling home is like a game of tag.. eventually you catch them at the right moment. Luckily for this app on my phone I can call and text for free. It is all via the internet. Yay.... Well, it is time to bid farewell to this insane chapter. Maybe this is proof that I should write more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment